[TYPO3-content-rendering] Skinable frontend

Torsten Schrade schrade at lineara.de
Tue Jan 17 23:23:43 CET 2006

Hi Elmar,

> 3.) The third thing that is needed, would be a clean designed std set of
> HTML-patterns and classes. It should become best practice in all plugins, too.
>
> 4.) Based on a the classes the designer fraction can develop a repository of skins.
>
> The third point is a common matter of the content rendering project. Who is
> interested to coordinate this?

Just for clarification: as far as I gather from the thread in the ECT
list, you're thinking of

1. whole HTML templates (header, columns, footer etc.)
2. some HTML chunks, an accessible menu for example

For these, you're thinking of std classes that are everywhere the same.

For example, if we would class menus like

	<ul class="menu-level-01">
	</ul>

that would then be the standard for ALL chunks and templates, right?

Once CRG has agreed/produced such a skeleton file, it would be possible
for designers to develop different "skins" or "flesh" to that HTML skeleton.

After that, the "TypoScripting" team does the job in bringing everything
together, after which the whole thing gets packaged into a nice
template/skin extension, right?

Well, if so that's not a bad plan :) But I wonder if there will be so
many people that we can have a clear separation between
coder/designer/typoscripter. Sometimes people involved might have to do
both.

Another important question: If there's gonna be a HTML std, there surely
should be a TS-std as well. I know about the planned ts_library! One
suggestion: the templates/skins should be dependent on the library and
use methods from that. Which means, you have to install the library
first and then the skins. That makes sure that nothing falls apart
standardwise.

And one last thing: we should move this discussion to either this or the
ECT list ;) and just report back to the other.

Greets, Torsten