[TYPO3-content-rendering] Roadmap Feature Request

Sun Apr 9 13:54:18 CEST 2006

Hello typoniks,

there is a big discussion under "Fieldset around radio-button group". There
 are complaints that the core team treates the proposals of the CRG with
disrespect to say it the direct way. I remember a thread a few weeks ago,
where a developer has nearly defined something hair-raising like
               accessibility = XML.
This shows that the work of the content rendering group is still most
important.

The last weeks have been hard for the core team and this situation excuses
something. But if all other efforts like that from CRG or ECT will
continously treated in this way it is very dismotivating for people and
they consequently withdraw from the community. That again results in more
complaints of the core team, that it doesn't get enough support by others -
reasons housemade.

But now to the point. It was time to publish TYPO3 4.0. It's simpley
version 4.0, it is not TYPO3 final. Accessibilty has been taken into the
focus too late to fix the most of bugs. I agree with Kasper that not
everything can be fixed 100%. But for the rendered content it is realistic
and even necessary to come close to 100%.

I guess the quality of the rendered content has been neglected by the core
team, because it is not even mentioned on the roadmap. It simply was no
target of TYPO3 4.0 and it is no target of 4.5 or 5.0. But I think it
should. I propose accessiblilty of content as an official target of 4.5. It
matches well with the name "The beauty pageant".

Regards

Elmar