[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fieldset around radio-button group

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Apr 7 11:50:27 CEST 2006

JoH schrieb am 07.04.2006 11:01:

> While visting wmdb I talked to Marc Bastian and he told me about the
> fieldset problem and that you are still refusing to accept, that hardcoded
> fieldsets are a "no no!".

Nobody is refusing to accept this. I think all involved parties have
acknowledged the problem and agree that having this hardcoded is a "no
no" but noone has the time to fix that. Its not a matter to change it
from "hardcoded" to "TypoScript", its a matter of considering backwards
compatibility, which is the most time consuming task.

I've done a major reconstruction of the TypoScript involved in FORM
(http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2119), but noone from the Content
Rendering Group and not even you, JoH have commented on that, even after
it was not approved because of backwards compatibility problem, for
which I called out for solutions.

So I invite you to try to send us a patch and some comments on how it
works when upgrading from earlier versions, that can be reviewed so that
it might even be included in 4.0.

> What I wanted to
> say is that it doesn't make any difference if there is a representative from
> the content rendering group in the CORE team, as long as you guys are
> treating problems the way you do it at the moment.

I want to say that the core team in form of Stucki, Kurfuerst have been
VERY collaborative with the issues brought up by the CRG. Most issues
have been commited by them (see our wiki-page, I've just updated the
list). Still there are some open issues, but we'll have to provide
solutions for them first.

> BTW: I have got a working solution for the fieldset problem based on
> TypoScript only. It will only work if you are willing to kick those ugly
> hardcoded fieldset around radiobuttons though. But as far as I understood
> this has to wait until 4.1 so I guess you are not interested, are you?

Instead of such comments, it would be much more productive if you just
post your patch and some comments so that it can be reviewed.

Cheers,
Ernesto