[TYPO3-content-rendering] Bug in CSC in RC3?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Apr 5 16:52:52 CEST 2006

Franz Koch schrieb am 05.04.2006 12:22:

> I just found out that it seems to work with IE, but not Firefox. But the
> fact that it is working "correctly" in IE might be related to the
> boxmodel bugs of IE.

It works on IE because the "height: 1%;" hack will keep the text to the
left (or right) of the images, in the no-wrap case. This hack doesn't
work on FF, of course, which needs a margin-left (or -right) applied to
the text-block so that it is kept to the right (or left) of the image block.

> Testcase:
> - 2 images
> - 1 column (results in 2 rows)
> - many text - longer then the hight of the two rows
> - textpic in left - nowrap (images left - text right)

Adding support for the textMargin attribute RC3 created a miscalculation
in this margin needed for FF to keep the text to the right (or left) of
the image block. I've just submitted a bug report on that:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3138

Attached is a patch that should solve this specific problem. Please try
it out and see if "all" the problems here are solved. If there are any
further issues not handled yet, please add a note to the report.

> Floating images (in text left/right) now have a doubled margin as it
> seems (one added to the text-container, one added to the imagewrap).
> So I suggest to remove this code from the _CSS_DEFAULT_STYLES and add
> the marging values only to the text-container (also with only 1 column):

We need to add the margin that separates the image block from the text
around the image block itself, because the text might wrap around it,
and we don't want the margin after the wrapping occurs. So I think this
margin-setting is correct, just the no-wrap case was being miscalculated
(this is added as an inline-style to the text-block in question, because
it depends on the size of the image block!!).

Cheers,
Ernesto