[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fieldset around radio-button group

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Apr 4 18:15:11 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 04.04.2006 18:05:

>> And this should be default in the "accessibility=1" of TYPO3 4.0?
>
> Maybe. But since I gather that 99% of my forms to come will use a colun
> based layout I'm not to keen on a label-less layout ;-)

Yes, that's the main point/problem here: We want to be "accessible", but
don't want to piss off the old-gang that is used to column-based form
layout from TYPO3. Gladly most stuff can be configured via TypoScript,
but most people won't know this when sending some ranting post to our
lists ("argghh, 4.0 broke my site!").

My suggestion for 4.1 would be (we should have done that in 4.0 already,
but it's too late now):

Have a basic "css_styled_content" that uses tables when appropriate, is
not accessible, but works like it always has worked, and which many
people love so much. But we bring more "power" to TypoScript, allowing
everything to be changed there (classes, tags, etc). And then we ship a
new static template in this extension called "CSC accessibility add-on"
that simply overwrites the default css_styled_content TypoScript as
appropriate to generate "accessible" output. The CSS purists can install
this template and be happy.

This way we don't even need the "compat_version" check at that point,
but let the user decide which rendering he wants for her content.

Cheers,
Ernesto