[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fieldset around radio-button group

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Apr 4 16:03:19 CEST 2006

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 04.04.2006 15:40:

>> Do you think the semantically correct way is to have only the legend or
>> only the label?
>
> Yes. If both have the same text then there is too much information.

My question was more a "choose this or that" type. :) Which do you
prefer for being the default?

>> And if we keep the label, should it have a "label for"
>> and the radio-button group an unique id to which this label refers?
>
> Yes, like the current output but without legend.

This was being questioned by the bug reporter. He seems no use to have a
"label for" that points to the fieldset that groups the radio-button group.

I have found neither an argument for nor evidence against this solution
in my quick web-research, but maybe someone can shed us a light what is
the "most correct" way to do it?

I still think it is semantically plausible and correct, while I am not
sure if it brings any usability benefit (clicking on such a label brings
nothing).

> But I can imaging a useLegend-option that disables the label and adds a
> legend.

And this should be default in the "accessibility=1" of TYPO3 4.0?

Cheers,
Ernesto