[TYPO3-content-rendering] Integrating Accesskeypad - Hello...

Kai Laborenz typo3 at laborenz.de
Thu Oct 27 08:50:40 CEST 2005

Michael Haugg schrieb:
>> I integrated Jan Eric Hellbuschs "Accesskeypad"
>> (http://2bweb.de/accesskey/) in my Typo3-Testwebspace.
>> I have seen it already on http://www.greenpeace.de, but my idea is not
>> using the accesskeys for accessing certain pages, but using them to
>> navigate from level to level.
>>
>> [Alt + 1] : Mainmenu
>> [Alt + 2] : Submenu
>> [Alt + 3] : Submenu Level 1 (*)
>> [Alt + 4] : Submenu Level 2 (*)
>> [Alt + 5] : Submenu Level 3 (*)
>> [Alt + 6] : current position in Submenu
>> [Alt + 7] : Breadcrumbs
>> [Alt + 8] : Infomenu
>> [Alt + 9] : Pagecontext
>> [Alt + 0] : Content

Hm - I think the idea of Jan was to have a unified navigation system
across different sites! Thats why he published it.

To have sevaral Accesskeypads which work quite different is worse than
nothing for blind users and will harm the idea of having one standard
pad system!

Working with abstract terms like "Submenu Level x" is not easy to
understand - I visited your site and I had no idea where "Submenu Level
3" would take me...

After all a page shortcut navigation needs to be at the very first
position of a page - so that it is read to the beginning. This would be
even more important when you have unusual navigation tools.

So I strongly suggest implementing the key pad right the way Jan
published it.

Greetings, Kai

BTW: Three things about the memmingen site
1. It confused me that the vertical menu on the top left position is
something different on the homepage as on the other pages.
2. The page contains a lot of external links which are not marked at all
- very annoying.
2. You inculded a styleswitcher into the accesspad - it looks you can
change the layout of the Accesspad with the dropdown box - not the page
layout.