[TYPO3-content-rendering] Integrating Accesskeypad

Michael Haugg michael.haugg at memmingen.de
Wed Oct 26 17:09:27 CEST 2005

I integrated Jan Eric Hellbuschs "Accesskeypad"
(http://2bweb.de/accesskey/) in my Typo3-Testwebspace.
I have seen it already on http://www.greenpeace.de, but my idea is not
using the accesskeys for accessing certain pages, but using them to
navigate from level to level.

[Alt + 1] : Mainmenu
[Alt + 2] : Submenu
[Alt + 3] : Submenu Level 1 (*)
[Alt + 4] : Submenu Level 2 (*)
[Alt + 5] : Submenu Level 3 (*)
[Alt + 6] : current position in Submenu
[Alt + 7] : Breadcrumbs
[Alt + 8] : Infomenu
[Alt + 9] : Pagecontext
[Alt + 0] : Content

(*) = if available

Because the number of levels usually varies, I disabled accesskeys
depending if there are lower levels or not.

But have a look on

http://web115.netzwerteserver2.de

  and you will understand what I mean.

http://web115.netzwerteserver2.de/fileadmin/accesskey_typoscript.txt

shows you the sourcecode.

Maybe I invented the wheel for the second time and probably there is
some smarter typoscript to realize this, anyway I would be happy to get
Ideas how to improve Accessibility by using the Accesskeypad in a way
that easy to understand for the users - specially for blind users as well.

Regards

Michael