[TYPO3-content-rendering] [Typo3-dev] Re: Smart Content Rendering

Joerg Schoppet joerg at schoppet.de
Tue Oct 25 15:19:37 CEST 2005

Peter Niederlag schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> This is what I think too. In the mid-time future there should be room
> for a clear break! This is what other projects do as well to get ahead.
> Of course you then have a one time hassle of migrating to a new
> API/behaviour but afterwards you benefit from doing things in a better
> way than before.
>
> Only thing that is need then is a very clear documentation of what has
> changed and how a migration must be made.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

I like this idea of remodelling, too. As written in the actual
PHP-Magazin (German) e.g. ezPublish is underway to make a complete break
and develop a totaly new ezPublish with all the possibilities special
for php5 (OO, error, PDO, and so on) (see:
http://www.php-mag.de/itr/ausgaben/psecom,id,287,nodeid,60.html).

This is definitively not an easy step, which will be completed in
months. And it's more time consuming, because for a determine period of
time two versions of typo3 have to be supported and the extension
developers may have the need to provide two versions of an extension
(but this works in pear, too). But especially with the coordinating help
of the association, I think it's possible to bring typo3 on a new step
of evolution in the CMS-market.

Kind Regards

Joerg Schoppet