[TYPO3-content-rendering] [Typo3-dev] Re: Smart Content Rendering

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Tue Oct 25 09:49:28 CEST 2005

Hi,

dan frost schrieb:

>> PS: More and more I'm convinced that the backwards compatibility with
>> old "content default" is a major block for the developing of anything.
>> It demands options and twists for everything, even if we all agree it
>> should be deprecated.

This is what I think too. In the mid-time future there should be room
for a clear break! This is what other projects do as well to get ahead.
Of course you then have a one time hassle of migrating to a new
API/behaviour but afterwards you benefit from doing things in a better
way than before.

Only thing that is need then is a very clear documentation of what has
changed and how a migration must be made.

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag