[TYPO3-content-rendering] Adding non-standard parameters to anchor tags

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Tue Oct 25 13:31:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I also have a little question which I'm sure you easily know:
> Is it allowed to add parameters (just like "href" for example) to an anchor
> tag which are not standard?
> Example: <a href="index.php?id=123&blabla=2" mykey="something">Link</a>
> As far as I can see it does absolutely no harm, but I need to be sure that
> this is no problem before I start to change anything.

a possible clean solution is using a separate namespace for your
"special" anker tag.

that must be prefixed with the extra namespace marker.

this way is used by the w3c to include several types of schema inside
one document, see MathML, XForms and so on for examples.

Your schema must be public available for validation.

Regards Sven