[TYPO3-content-rendering] [Typo3-dev] Less features, more future

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 13 16:50:14 CEST 2005

Kai Laborenz schrieb am 13.10.2005 15:51:

>> 4. No inlines styles - they should be generated as dynamic stylesheets
>> using
>> a default typeNum. So each time the page is rendered it will create
>> classes
>> and ids for the tags _and_ the corresponding stylesheet.

> I am not quite sure about that - I think when it comes to image with
> decription and the description should be rendered as wide as the image
> above - you have to assign a width.
> I think this has to be done inline because there could be more than one
> image on the page and an inline style would be better than generic
> classes nobody remembers what they are good for one week after coding
> them...

I think JoH is refering to generating the CSS dynamically, and assigning
UNIQUE "id"s to each element that needs to be styled. So instead of:

we would have:

  #div78234892524 { width: 150px; }

in the <head> (or exported to an external file by TYPO3, as TYPO3
already does for _CSS_DEFAULT_STYLES) and in the HTML:

I am not really sure if this is "cleaner" or more "accessible" or what
are the main benefits of doing this, maybe JoH can comment on that, as
my extension cron_cssstyledimgtext is directly affected by this.

Cheers,
Ernesto