[TYPO3-content-rendering] Re: [Typo3-dev] Less features, more future

Kai Laborenz laborenz at css-praxis.de
Thu Oct 13 15:51:52 CEST 2005

Hi Joey,

> 1. No hardcoded values and tags in the PHP files at all.
Perfectly right!

> 2. TypoScript should be used as much as possible.
Yes.

> 3. Every Content Element should get a set of predefined HTML Templates plus
> a flexform to use custom templates (plus the ability to define HTML
> templates to be used via TypoScript)
This will be wonderfull :-)

> 4. No inlines styles - they should be generated as dynamic stylesheets using
> a default typeNum. So each time the page is rendered it will create classes
> and ids for the tags _and_ the corresponding stylesheet.
I am not quite sure about that - I think when it comes to image with
decription and the description should be rendered as wide as the image
above - you have to assign a width.
I think this has to be done inline because there could be more than one
image on the page and an inline style would be better than generic
classes nobody remembers what they are good for one week after coding
them...

> 5. Users must be able to override 3. and 4. using TypoScript and/or custom
> PHP functions
Thats good.

Greetings and best wishes from Berlin,
K at i