[TYPO3-content-rendering] Re: [Typo3-dev] Less features, more future

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Wed Oct 12 22:45:58 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:

> This brings me to the major issue when it comes to a new concept of  "smart
> content rendering".
> IMHO we should stick to the following rules, while producing the new content
> rendering stuff:
>
> 1. No hardcoded values and tags in the PHP files at all. They should be
> replaced with TypoScript settings to keep backwards compatibility. The
> default setting should be the "correct" behaviour though, while the "old
> school" behaviour can be acchieved by setting something like
> config.backwardsCompatibility = 1
> 2. TypoScript should be used as much as possible.
> 3. Every Content Element should get a set of predefined HTML Templates plus
> a flexform to use custom templates (plus the ability to define HTML
> templates to be used via TypoScript)
> 4. No inlines styles - they should be generated as dynamic stylesheets using
> a default typeNum. So each time the page is rendered it will create classes
> and ids for the tags _and_ the corresponding stylesheet.
> 5. Users must be able to override 3. and 4. using TypoScript and/or custom
> PHP functions
>
> There might be more, but these are the main things I would like to improve.
>
> What do you think?

Hi Joey,

This is probably easy to say, but I agree ;-) Can you get this up at the WIKI as
a concept for Smart Content Rendering? Some stuff are guidelines, but 3 would
probably not be implemented in 4.0 anyway. How do you feel about the inline
styles used in cron_cssimgtext? It seems hard for this to put in an external
stylesheet. Or?

gRTz

ben
--