[TYPO3-content-rendering] ALT and TITLE

Kai Laborenz laborenz at css-praxis.de
Tue Nov 29 17:55:00 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> maybe I missed it. The COA IMAGE assigns the alt value also to the
>> title attribute - this is not good practice.
>
> Well, it's the x-browser way to get those tooltips.

I dont think so. The x-browser way to get tooltips is supplying a title
text. Alt text is for replacing an image, not for additional information.

It is very anoying for a blind person to get all the text read twice.
And it is semantically incorrect as well.

It would be the right behavior if there is no title text there should be
no title at all or (that is the x-browser way of having no tooltips) an
empty title attribute.

Greetings, Kai