[TYPO3-content-rendering] TYPO 3.8 and image alignment problems in Gecko-Opera Browsers

Torsten Schrade schrade at lineara.de
Mon May 30 11:37:52 CEST 2005

 > b) let's have a look at the IMGTEXT function in class.tslib_content.
> Though my php is not the best I'll at least try to email you some
> structural suggestions Michael. And everybody else who is interested
> please do so as well.

ok, I've come up with some concepts that maybe point into the right
direction: http://www.staff.uni-mainz.de/schradt/imgtext.html

I've had a look at things in class.tslib_content.php and thought to
become clear first what html/css-concepts we want to achieve at the end.

Targets:
1. Completely skip the align attribute.
2. Don't use any additional divs, especially clearing ones.
3. Have it compatible for IE5+ as well.

If you have a look at the code on my page you can see that I've done it
by using inline styles, even if Joey and myself have problematized this.
But the point is

a) if we skip the html-attribute and solely rely on css - that has to go
somewhere and well, why not inline as this seems to be the easiest way
for a patch

b) after all the user decides to position an image and so has to live
with the consequences ;-); after all, there are three other imgtext
extensions that handle things differently.

So, linking this concept to the class we would need the following
changes in function IMGTEXT:

- the text-align inline style has to stay in there, but only for
imageorient-0 and imagorient-8. Otherwise the tables aren't centered in IE<6
- not one $tablecode but three variants of this variable, each one
either floating the imgtext-table or setting auto-margins with inline styles
- the enclosing div should always get a general and one position
specific class
- the enclosing div has to have a calculated height set by an inline
style that roughly equals the height of the whole imgtext-table. This is
for the floated types and I realize that this might be very difficult to
achieve.

As usual, any hints, corrections and suggestions very welcome,
yours, Torsten