[TYPO3-content-rendering] "accessible menus" article on typo3.org

Carla Froitzheim cf at cf-webservice.de
Wed Jun 22 22:23:29 CEST 2005

> OK, then you sholud remove the line "forget about GMENU's"
> because basically what you are saying with this is: accessible sites
> cannot use design ;)

Good suggestion, but I don´t have direct access to the article. I passed
it to Ben, he passed it to Robert.

> dont think so as a search engine basically does what a screen reader
> does...if there is information in the alt text it takes the
> information instead of the picture. at least modern engines do so - it
> would be a major flaw if they wouldnt...

Of course they can read it but the ranking is better with text links.
Some of my customers care for this.

> no offense meant, I really like your article and think its great
> work...thanks!
> I'm just trying to clarify that accessible design can also use GFX

I didn´t understand this as an offense :-) I think all of us are working
on improvements and discussing things and developing new solutions like
your structured GMENU are part of these improvements.

Greetings
Carla