[TYPO3-content-rendering] "accessible menus" article on typo3.org

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Wed Jun 22 20:19:39 CEST 2005

Carla Froitzheim wrote:
> No, you are right. This is a nice alternative to TMENUs.

OK, then you sholud remove the line "forget about GMENU's"
because basically what you are saying with this is: accessible sites
cannot use design ;)

> The only
> "disadvantage" is that you don´t have a text link. But this is more a
> disadvantage for the search engine than for screen readers.

dont think so as a search engine basically does what a screen reader
does...if there is information in the alt text it takes the information
instead of the picture. at least modern engines do so - it would be a
major flaw if they wouldnt...

no offense meant, I really like your article and think its great
work...thanks!
I'm just trying to clarify that accessible design can also use GFX