[TYPO3-content-rendering] TYPO3 3.8.0 XHTML strict mailform

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Mon Jun 20 09:36:32 CEST 2005

"Patrick Broens" <patrick at patrickbroens.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1119034862.18001.typo3-project-content-rendering at lists.netfielders.de...

> The id in the formtag is optional as well, but when using the name
> attribute, you also have to use the id-attribute.

I've seen it in the specs that name and id should be the same when both are
used. Or is it a "must" in the specs?

And does any validator check it? TYPO3 uses brackest because they are well
used by PHP. I guess many PHP application use this feature. So I don' care
about this rule. No brackets in ids - fine. But I want them in my name, and
I want to style my fields. Which means the rule id and name must match is
stupid.

Masi