[TYPO3-content-rendering] tables with <th> and scope

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Wed Jun 8 23:52:48 CEST 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> "Rupert Germann" <rupi at gmx.li> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1118233007.14095.typo3-project-content-rendering at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>>>General question: is this the way to go? Seperate extensions instead of
>>>merging it directly into cssc?> Or is it planned to merge them when the
>>>extensions (accessible_tables, csc imgtext) have proven to be reliable?
>>
>>maybe in an upcoming TYPO3 version but for now I'm happy with the hooks in
>>css_styled_content.
>>Making it this way had several advantages:
>>- a direct result - upload the extension and the feature is available
>>- no testing for downwards compatibility needed.
>

> I would like to see accessibility related TS configs, acc.-related fields
> and csc-hooks etc all bundled in one accessible_content extension.
>
> But, alas, so much todo, so little time.

Hi Martin,

We should stick our heads together and try to agree on some stuff. That is what
CRG is for. Rupert's extension was born out of pure necessity. We have the dutch
goverment to thank for that. We overlooked the fact that every new website HAS
to be build XHTML strict :-( That has cost me/netcreators many many extra hours,
but resulted in CRG. Because of these requirements there is sponsoring around to
accomplish these goals. That is good news. One of the first RFQ's we received
specifically mentions that all extensions built have to be published back to the
community.

The fix Rupert did for FORM can't come as an extension and has to be part of the
CORE. We'll have to see what stuff will be part of TYPO3 4.0 or what will be
part of an extension. The first thing I would like to see is indeed an
XHTML_strict/accessible layer for css_styled_content. I already did some stuff
for the menu's that i published on http://ben.vantende.net/menu/

So, Martin can you put together a list of things you would like to see improved
or changed for an XHTML strict/accessible TYPO3 4.0?

....and we all have so much todo, so little time ;-)

uhhhh and everybody check out the new accessible_tables extension. It has got
this COOL feature where you can strip of all default styles and insert your own
class in the table tag. The table is very style-able because it has the thead,
tbody, tfoot, th etc. You can make a nice table without any additional classes.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators::creation and innovation