[TYPO3-content-rendering] accessible forms with validation

Kai Laborenz typo3 at laborenz.de
Sat Jul 9 00:19:33 CEST 2005

Stefan Beylen schrieb:

>> 1. You can give some example for what users can enter - a.e. in a
>> textarea
>
> if the fieldlabel says "firstname" you should enter your firstname :)
> if the lable says "message" you should enter the message.
>
> so, what you gonna write as default in the firstname field "hansi" or
> "please enter your firstname here"?
 >
> just because they are disabled it does not mean they are stupid.

Some people use forms which do have more fields than just for the name...

>> 2. for accessibility reasons you can have a value of "@" in an email
>> field to assist people who cannot easily hit two keys at the same time.
>
> ok, so they have to delete what stands before the @, write the name,
> then skip ahead after the @, delete the rest and write the domain.tld
> plus: those users got shortcuts for such (often used) signs too...

No. There is only the "@" - nothing before, nothing behind. You dont
have to delete anything. I learned this technique from a guy who is
nearly blind and works with the keyboard so I think it is of some use.

Maybe the people have shotcuts, maybe they haven't.

Of course, you can do it with two fields, which is a valid method as
well. But this makes it impossible to cut-and-paste email addresses so I
dont want to use it.

So, if there is nobody who has a solution to evaluate fields with
mailform plus I have to try it by myself.

Greetings, Kai