[TYPO3-content-rendering] A new approach to Content Rendering

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 5 22:37:23 CEST 2005

> ok, this is starting to get interesting again :)
> dont wanna quote everything you wrote, I get your idea...but I want to
> bring in another one:
>
> what about making my approach and add a further checkbox in the BE
> "use tabular layout" and implement your approach...this way fight
> club would be closed...at least for now... ;)

Well - still it seems you don't get the point.
There is nothing like "your approach" or "my approach" anymore when we do it
like I described.
You can simply add "your approach" to the list of available default
templates for textpic and image elements.
Create 3 files for the HTML/CSS Template and the TypoScript you want to use.
Fill in the markers and subparts for stuff that has to be dynamically
created - done.
And it's not just about IMGTEXT - it will be a completely new rendering
concept that will be more comfortable than CSS-styled-content and less
complex than TemplaVoila.

BTW: I don't insist in using a tabular layout. This will just be necessary
to stay backwards compatible and another possibility for "ignorant" people
like me ;-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau