[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 5 17:29:14 CEST 2005

> only thing that wont work is when the captiontext exceeds the image
> width. it also wont be possible, when it comes to captiontext between
> a set of images where there are two lines.
> in the bottom row there can be added multiple lines in captiontext.

So at least you admit there are some restraints to your "only one" solution?
Multiple lines for captions are not a "nice to have" just for images at the
bottom but a "must have" for all images regardless of their position.
Relative font sizing is a must have too (while relative image sizing would
be cool but no must) when it comes to accessible layouts. Won't work with
your solution.
Of course a word like "postbriefmarkenstempelautomatenmechanikerlehrling"
will break the layout - and no one would expect it to work properly
regardless of the font-size.
But multiple lines worked with "old school" IMGTEXT and to be backwards
compatible you will have to find a solution for it.

> of course alt & title text wont be neglected.
>
> thats about it what I can do for you ;)

I'm curious about the time span it will take you to find out about the other
restraints - but since you don't accept advice from people who already made
their experiences I won't bother you with additional informations.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau