[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Mon Jul 4 16:22:04 CEST 2005

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] wrote:
> Technically: none.
> Semantically: H1 is a semantical markup - a div isn't.

ok, so why are there two elements then? a div _and_ a span? why isnt it
called divspan? of course it is semantical markup. It is just not (yet)
interpreted by 4ex a screenreader.

> I see and understand your idea of an image being an inline element.

ok...you know that you are giving this point to me then :D

> I do not see the advantage of using a span element set to being a block
> element. That's all.

..to format it like a block element...even if it is no block element.
but thats design (CSS) and got nothing to do with markup (HTML/XHTML).

> I have to admit I don't really understand your hostile attitude, but if
> you think this will bring you forward in life... I won't stop ya.

this got nothing to do with hostility. I was just tired of explaining
the word "semantic" more often than three times.