[TYPO3-content-rendering] Improvement of table rendering / table wizard

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Dec 19 22:10:08 CET 2005

Sacha Vorbeck schrieb am 19.12.2005 21:17:

> today I talked about the existing table wizards with Peter and
> Sebastian. We tried to define the best solution for a comfortable
> table-tool which is quick, intuitive, stores it`s table defintion in a
> good, structured way and of course has all required features to create
> accessible tables.

> (...)

> IMHO none of the above. Personally I prefer the RTE table wizard but I
> don`t like that it stores the table data mixed with the other text you
> enter into the RTE (CSV export/import wouldn`t be possible like this,
> would it??). I think it would be better if this wizard would replace the
> current wizard in the table content element. OK, it lacks a few
> accessibility features but this could be solved. This example:
> http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/example_full.php?example=true features some
> more accessibility features and I`m sure Stanislas could implement them
> into htmlarea in the near future.

I like the idea too to have RTEhtmlarea (or other RTE that can handle
"tables") to replace the table-wizard. But the "specially tuned" RTE has
allow the user to create and update just one table (and no other text
around it). The "table" content element would have to store real
HTML-code (like th_extendedtable does), as it makes no sense to
re-invent a syntax for all the features that HTML offers for tables with
split-tokens. Or does it?

> Additionally it would be nice to have a field where you could paste an
> existing table.

In RTEhtmlarea you can do that. With the new "HTMLcleaning on paste"
which Stanislau implemented some days ago we could even clean up the
table after pasting.

Cheers,
Ernesto