[TYPO3-content-rendering] working on accessible_tables - questions

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Dec 16 09:28:51 CET 2005

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:
> Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
>

>>       * the hard-coded p-tag was removed, but inserted in innerStdWrap
>>         again to reach backwards compliancy.
>
> Does this mean it is there by default? If so remove it default. See my
> remark above.

Yes to make it optional, for a standalone extension.
Yes to make it default, when merged into css_styled_content (backward
compatibility)

> Hmmmm, I am unsure about this. I think <tbody> has to be outputted all
> the time as a wrap. The optional <tfoot> is ok like this. Now <thead> is
> always there as a wrap for the first row. I don't know if this correct
> behaviour. Probably Kai can say something about this. Kai?

Having the first row ALWAYS wrapped in thead is wrong. Some tables may
have more then one header row, and some might have NONE. They could have
eg headers in the first column. In this cases thead must not be used.

Instead use the cell attributes for scope.

Masi