[TYPO3-content-rendering] working on accessible_tables - questions

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Fri Dec 16 00:00:19 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> Hi,
> I currently work on integrating some extensions into the core, at the
> moment I do accessible_tables. Thanks again to the German TYPO3 partner
> network for funding this.
>
> Some questions:
>       * I removed the CSH, because it only worked flawlessly when
>         extending tt_content with one more field - but it didn't have
>         too much information in it anyways.
>       * the german and italian translation is currently lost, because
>         the translators have to translate it and then it gets inserted
>         into the csh_packages.

Hi Sebastian,

I don't quite get what you mean by this. Do you feel this doesn't need
CSH? Maybe not. A little explanation why this accessible table is like
this seems in order.

>       * table headers are _switched off_ by default to get full
>         backwards compliancy. Does this make sense to you?

no, it is very unlikely that this will break anything

>       * the hard-coded p-tag was removed, but inserted in innerStdWrap
>         again to reach backwards compliancy.

Does this mean it is there by default? If so remove it default. See my
remark above.

>       * the <thead> tag IMO only makes sense when headerPos is set to
>         "top" - is this correct? it was inserted all the time before.

no. the behaviour is correct. <thead> is just what it is. the header
position is independent of that.

>       * the <th> tag is only set when headerPos is set to top. I think
>         this makes sense as well?

no, <th> does not mean that it is horizontal. <th> can also be in a column.

>       * tbody is currently only outputted when headerPos set to "top" -
>         does it make sense to output it all the time? Problems with
>         backwards compliancy when tbody is outputted around _all_
>         tables? (That was the reason for me not to do this.)\

Hmmmm, I am unsure about this. I think <tbody> has to be outputted all
the time as a wrap. The optional <tfoot> is ok like this. Now <thead> is
always there as a wrap for the first row. I don't know if this correct
behaviour. Probably Kai can say something about this. Kai?

gRTz and tHNx

ben
--
netcreators::creation and innovation