[TYPO3-community] Extending profiles in community

Tymoteusz Motylewski t.motylewski at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 14:18:28 CET 2011

Hi Stefan
Of course it is possible to extend Community. You can easily done it
in separate extension.
If you want to extend model with some new fields, the model in your
extension should extend the community model. E.g for User class
class Tx_Myextension_Domain_Model_User extends Tx_Community_Domain_Model_User {

You have to create new user repository in the same way

You can also set namespace of your plugin to tx_community, so you can
use community request parameters.
plugin.tx_myextension.view.pluginNamespace = tx_community

Then override default user class (and repository) with your own in
extbase configuration:
config.tx_extbase {
	objects {
	Tx_Community_Domain_Model_User.className = Tx_Myextension_Domain_Model_User
	Tx_Community_Domain_Repository_UserRepository.className =
Tx_Myextension_Domain_Repository_UserRepository

There is no backend module for community yet.

Let me know if you have any problems with extending community.
Cheers
Tymek