[TYPO3-community] tx_community and tx_party

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Oct 20 17:39:29 CEST 2008

David Toshack wrote:

Hi David,

> Forgive me if this isn't the case but I was hoping tx_community would be
> "the" TYPO3 community extension and not just another one of the many.

who said it's not going to be "the" community extension of TYPO3?

> I don't mean to suggest extra work. Ok, I do :-) ...

right ;)

> but I'm also
> putting my hand up to help. In any case, for the sake of TYPO3 keeping
> up with this social networking revolution, I do believe "party centric
> information" is a big part of this extension and its worth an open
> discussion rather than such an abrupt reply.

I really don't believe in"party" yet even though I know it's a published
standard... It's just not wide spread enough yet to justify the effort
integrating it. If there's a point in time when it becomes wide spread
enough one could still do something about it like developing an exporter
or a connector or something the like.

What I see as a better fit for that community/social network stuff are
standards like OpenSocial, OpenDataDefinition and their friends. Those
are on the roadmap for later versions BTW.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner