[TYPO3-community] tx_community and tx_party

David Toshack david at vaultin.com
Mon Oct 20 15:57:57 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner wrote:
> David Toshack wrote:
>
>> What do you think?
>
> that this is not happening, as already said, to me those are two
> different things.
>

> Ingo

I agree with you. To me those are two different things too. Both models
do overlap greatly though, and there are many advantages in extending
tx_party rather than having to recreate the wheel in either extension.

Enough advantages I would think to have it open for discussion.

Forgive me if this isn't the case but I was hoping tx_community would be
"the" TYPO3 community extension and not just another one of the many.

I don't mean to suggest extra work. Ok, I do :-) ... but I'm also
putting my hand up to help. In any case, for the sake of TYPO3 keeping
up with this social networking revolution, I do believe "party centric
information" is a big part of this extension and its worth an open
discussion rather than such an abrupt reply.

Cheers,
David