[TYPO3-community] Using external extensions for community extension

Frank Thelemann info at datenpioniere.de
Tue Sep 4 10:22:05 CEST 2007

Frank Thelemann wrote:

>> I wrote a FE-registration- and FE-usersettings-extension. It works a
>> bit
>> like crud. So the ext. generates Content and Forms based on
>> TCA-Values.
>> But I have an big problem:
>> In the FE i only have access to the basic fields in the FE-User
table
>> and so i can't read out the type of columns which come from other
>> extensions. (Only if I include the tca.php from all necessary
>> extensions
> what else?

What Ext. I wrote? An address book for FE-Users. So each user has its
own address book with categories. (based on tt_address)

stuff like address or profiles an extras for feusers/relations we take
as standard partner, wich is a really powerfull ext for that kind of
stuff.

... until jet nothing else for community usage. My next goal is a
calendar-ext. Mainly like "cal", but with xajax and some changes in
rights-management.

> crud renders of all tca entries,and things like database relation, MM
> relations too. i see no other way...and think about irre;-)

? But at the time i want to get the values of the TCA, the tca.php's of
the other extensions are not loaded and of course also not in the TCA.

For instance: mm_forum adds some columns in the fe_users table.
Something link ICQ-Nr. and so on... This columns are NOT in
$GLOBALS[TCA][fe_users][columns] (called in FE)

Does crud realy load each tca.php?
record, crud renders from the tca, ts and the users rights, an array
with an configuration with all needs. this config will be saved in a
table named tx_crud_logs as xml or a serialized string, plus an secret
key wich, wich can access the view. with this key the user have now
access to the form, but he works only with the data from tx_data_logs,
until the from has validated. thats is only 1 or 2 queries, and from
every where usable, if you the key know(GET/POST/API). this is also
good, if you want save some parameters not in forms or urls at
listings,searchresults etc. and with the logs you can build
edit-histories from a record, like the wikistyle.

> Greetings...
>>salve....

PS: sorry but dont check the mailinglist RE: ...
...back
FH
 Datenpioniere - Social Networks und mehr
 Frank Thelemann (Entwicklung,Support)

 Bernburgerstrasse 17
 Halle/Saale 06108 DE
 email: thelemann at datenpioniere.de