[TYPO3-community] Using external extensions for community extension

Falk Hermann falk.hermann at w2on.de
Tue Sep 4 09:17:42 CEST 2007

Frank Thelemann wrote:

>> I wrote a FE-registration- and FE-usersettings-extension. It works a
>> bit
>> like crud. So the ext. generates Content and Forms based on
>> TCA-Values.
>> But I have an big problem:
>> In the FE i only have access to the basic fields in the FE-User table
>> and so i can't read out the type of columns which come from other
>> extensions. (Only if I include the tca.php from all necessary
>> extensions
> what else?

What Ext. I wrote? An address book for FE-Users. So each user has its
own address book with categories. (based on tt_address)
... until jet nothing else for community usage. My next goal is a
calendar-ext. Mainly like "cal", but with xajax and some changes in
rights-management.

> crud renders of all tca entries,and things like database relation, MM
> relations too. i see no other way...and think about irre;-)

? But at the time i want to get the values of the TCA, the tca.php's of
the other extensions are not loaded and of course also not in the TCA.

For instance: mm_forum adds some columns in the fe_users table.
Something link ICQ-Nr. and so on... This columns are NOT in
$GLOBALS[TCA][fe_users][columns] (called in FE)

Does crud realy load each tca.php?

> Greetings...

...back
FH