[TYPO3-commerce] Some doubts about Wirecard payment gateway

Ingo Schmitt is at marketing-factory.de
Mon Jul 30 17:37:10 CEST 2012

Hi Diego,

first of all: The included Wirecard solution is dated back 2007. The legal requirements have changed since, also the technical systems. Thus this solution is outdated and should not be used anymore, since it's not PCI compatible. If you are using it, you are required to have a PCI Certificate.

We are currently implementing the new wirecard solution (called qpay) as an extension for the current typo3 commerce version 0.13.x. If you want to join us, please send me a DM.

Wirecard is still an aquirer for all major credit cards. As they are also a technical solution provider, they have also expanded to other solutions like paypal. Their goal is to have one technical solution for all payments. You have to pay different prices for each payment you process, since paypal is external the price for paypal via wirecard is higher than paypal direct.
Wirecard is strong in the spain market, so you will have a good solution here. If you need a contact inside wirecard, just send me a direct message.

Paypal is doing the same, but vice versa. You can user paypal to handle credit card payments and here the price for creditcard is higher than a direct solution.

Best regards

ingo

PS: Since you are interested in the spain marked, will you join us at the TYPO3camp at Palma (http://www.typo3camp-mallorca.org/home/)?

> Hello,
>
> I'm evaluating Commerce to setup an online shop and I would appreciate if someone could help me to solve some doubts related with the payment gateway.
>
> I followed the manual at http://wiki.typo3.org/Commerce, but the section "Integrating payment methods" (http://wiki.typo3.org/Commerce#Integrating_payment_methods) contains broken links. I couldn't find information about payment gateway at the docs that come with the extension either (docs/manual.sxw).
>
> I checked the code and saw that Commerce comes with one single payment gateway which is called Wirecard. I checked Wirecard website and saw it provides integration with many services: paypal, Mastercard, Visa. With regard this payment gateway I would like to know:
>
>   * What do I need to do to start using it? From what I read at Wirecard site when I hired their services I'm given some credentials which I need to setup in Commerce. That leads to the next question.
>   * How to setup Commerce to start using Wirecard?
>   * Wirecard seems operate mainly in Germany, Austria, Switzerland. Can I use it for my customer which is based in Spain? I'm a bit lost here, I don't know if I can integrate a Spanish bank account with Wirecard or I hire some extra Wirecard service.
>
> In addition, I saw Wirecard supports Paypal, but at the same time a friend told me is possible to pay with Paypal even if you don't have a paypal account (that mean, you can pay only using VISA or whatever hand using Paypal API). I saw there's a Paypal2Commerce extension. If Wirecard supports Paypal what if the benefit of that extension (apart from using Paypal API and that it's more convenient if you already have a Paypal account), would it possible to support payments with credit cards using that extension (even if the user doesn't have a Paypal account)?
>
> Any information or pointers to docs or tutorials will be highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Diego

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ingo Schmitt

Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH  *   mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marienstrasse 14                   *          Tel.: +49 211-361176-63
D-40212 Duesseldorf, Germany       *          Fax:  +49 211-361176-64
Amtsgericht Duesseldorf HRB 53971  * http://www.marketing-factory.de/

Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Peter Faisst ⎜ Katja Faisst ⎜ Karoline Steinfatt ⎜ Christoph Allefeld