[TYPO3-commerce] Some doubts about Wirecard payment gateway

Diego Pino dpino at igalia.com
Mon Jul 30 16:08:15 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm evaluating Commerce to setup an online shop and I would appreciate
if someone could help me to solve some doubts related with the payment
gateway.

I followed the manual at http://wiki.typo3.org/Commerce, but the
section "Integrating payment methods"
(http://wiki.typo3.org/Commerce#Integrating_payment_methods) contains
broken links. I couldn't find information about payment gateway at the
docs that come with the extension either (docs/manual.sxw).

I checked the code and saw that Commerce comes with one single payment
gateway which is called Wirecard. I checked Wirecard website and saw it
provides integration with many services: paypal, Mastercard, Visa. With
regard this payment gateway I would like to know:

    * What do I need to do to start using it? From what I read at
Wirecard site when I hired their services I'm given some credentials
which I need to setup in Commerce. That leads to the next question.
    * How to setup Commerce to start using Wirecard?
    * Wirecard seems operate mainly in Germany, Austria, Switzerland.
Can I use it for my customer which is based in Spain? I'm a bit lost
here, I don't know if I can integrate a Spanish bank account with
Wirecard or I hire some extra Wirecard service.

In addition, I saw Wirecard supports Paypal, but at the same time a
friend told me is possible to pay with Paypal even if you don't have a
paypal account (that mean, you can pay only using VISA or whatever hand
using Paypal API). I saw there's a Paypal2Commerce extension. If
Wirecard supports Paypal what if the benefit of that extension (apart
from using Paypal API and that it's more convenient if you already have
a Paypal account), would it possible to support payments with credit
cards using that extension (even if the user doesn't have a Paypal
account)?

Any information or pointers to docs or tutorials will be highly
appreciated.

Regards,

Diego