[TYPO3-commerce] commerce development - next steps

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue May 24 20:24:15 CEST 2011

Hey there,

to keep you informed on what has been discussed by Volker, Ingo and me
recently, regarding the current flow of activity in commerce:

- e-netconsulting has an interest in finishing and committing the 'new
payment' patch (issue #4980). This should be done without major breaking
changes in current code base. Thus, we decided to push this patch and
will hopefully finish it soon. As soon as this patch made it to trunk,
we will release 0.13.0, a version that can be upgraded to from prior
versions without major headaches. If we already broke things recently,
we will consider this as bugs of 0.13 (like issue #26957).

- After 0.13, we are able to release minor bugfixes for this version and
will open trunk for major refactorings like fluid _inclusive_ breaking
changes. We want to develop trunk as far as needed to come up with a new
base for piX classes and parts of the db API, then.

We hope this path is ok for you.

Regards
Christian