[TYPO3-commerce] Strange code in pi1

Ingo Schmitt is at marketing-factory.de
Mon May 23 16:59:02 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

if you extend the frontend PI1 class by your extension you will have the prefixID tx_myextension. Since these PIvars are not present in Commerce, this remapps the pivars to the commerce vars.
I have implemented this solution, since the access to the pivars is not implemented at only one place.

Removing this, would break some installations based on commerce.

We should write a method to get the pivars, which is used at all places in commerce. Maybe we could start during the refactoring of pi2,pi3 and pi6?

Regards

ingo

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm just trying to clean up the code in tx_commerce_pi1 and stumbled
> about a strange piece of code in the init-method:
>
> 	// Merge default vars, if other prefix_id
> 	if ($this->prefixID <> 'tx_commerce_pi1') {
> 		$tx_commerce_vars = t3lib_div::_GP('tx_commerce');
> 		if (is_array($tx_commerce_vars)) {
> 			foreach($tx_commerce_vars as $key => $value) {
> 				if (empty($this->piVars[$key])) {
> 					$this->piVars[$key] = $value;
> 				}
> 			}
> 		}
> 	}
>
> It overwrites the get-variables with gp-values prefixed with tx_commerce
> if the prefixID is not set to pi1. To me this looks like an ugly hack
> that should be removed. However I wasn't able to find out if this is
> used anywhere.
> SVN shows that this feature was added by Ingo in 2008. Can anyone
> (preferably Ingo of cause) explain why and where this is needed so I can
> try to refactor it?
>
> Cheers, Michael

Ingo Schmitt

*** BITTE BEACHTEN SIE UNSERE NEUE ANSCHRIFT! ***

Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH  *   mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marienstrasse 14                   *          Tel.: +49 211-361176-63
D-40212 Duesseldorf, Germany       *          Fax:  +49 211-361176-99
Amtsgericht Duesseldorf HRB 53971  * http://www.marketing-factory.de/

Geschaeftsfuehrer:    Peter Faisst   |   Katja Faisst
Karoline Steinfatt   |   Christoph Allefeld   |   Markus M. Kimmel