[TYPO3-commerce] Update commerce_coupons

Franz Steinmetz franzlst at yahoo.de
Sun Oct 10 15:28:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

ok I've done a lot of experimenting and debugging now, partly with results:

As I said, the newest version of commerce_coupon produced an empty page when
trying to add or edit a coupon. This is due a change in the tca.php file:
When replacing

        'related_categories' => Array (
            'exclude' => 1,
            'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:commerce_coupons/locallang_db.php:tx_commercecoupons_coupons.related_categories',

            'config' => Array (
                'type' => 'passthrough',
                'form_type' => 'user',
                'userFunc' =>
'EXT:commerce/treelib/class.tx_commerce_tcefunc.php:&tx_commerce_tceFunc->getSingleField_selectCategories',

                'allowProducts' => false,
                'treeViewBrowseable' => true,
                'size' => 10,
                'substituteRealValues' => false,
                'autoSizeMax' => 30,
                'minitems' => 0,
                'maxitems' => 50,
                #'eval' => 'required',
            ),
        ),

(from the newest version of tca.php) with

        'related_categories' => Array (
            'exclude' => 1,
            'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:commerce_coupons/locallang_db.php:tx_commercecoupons_coupons.related_categories',

            'config' => Array (
                "type" => "group",
                'internal_type' => 'db',
                'allowed' => 'tx_commerce_categories',
                'form_type' => 'user',
                'userFunc' => 'tx_graytree_tceFunc->getSingleField_selectTree',
                'treeView' => 1,
                'treeClass' => 'tx_commerce_tceFunc_categoryTree',
                'leafInfoArray' => Array (
                ),
                'size' => 15,
                'autoSizeMax' => 10,
                'minitems' => 0,
                'maxitems' => 100
            ),
        ),

from an older version of tca.php, the add/edit coupon menu works. Is this a bug
or because I use commerce 0.9.8 and Typo3 4.2.12?

I can add coupons to the basket and they are shown in the basket. But when
adding a valid coupon, the page is blank (no source code at all; though the
coupon is added to the basket). When using an invalid coupon code, the correct
error message is shown. The coupon (with the valid code) in the basket has the
correct negative price, but the code of the coupon isn't shown, though the
marker ###COUPON_CODES### is in the template.

Another error that once occurred after having edited a coupon: commerce_coupon
produced a SQL query with the column "coupon_id", though this column isn't
existing. I searched the source code and found this column at least in
class.tx_commercecoupons_fields.php line 44 and
class.tx_commercecoupons_dmhooks.php line 77. This seems to be a bug or
something?

It would be great if someone could give me feedback to those bugs I've found.

Does someone has another idea what to do with the blank page after adding a
coupon to the basket?

Thanks in advance

Franz Steinmetz

franzlst at yahoo.de