[TYPO3-commerce] Different tax rates based on country

Erik Sokoll erik at t3media.de
Tue Apr 27 10:20:56 CEST 2010

Hello Bart,
this example only solves the problem if you have to show, or not to show
the tax depending on the region you are going to buy (see listing
below). So it's only 'TAX=YES' or 'TAX=NO'.

There is only one special situation: If the shop sells to (german)
dealers/merchant... let's say B2B in Germany... the dealer has to pay
the tax in the end but while browsing the webpage he needs to see NET
prices. So for products his ID (in this case 3) gets NET templates and
only for checkout id 3 has the GROSS template.

Here a small listing, regarding Germany:
B2C-D     Tax is shown
B2B-D     Tax is not shown but has to be payed in the end
B2C-EU    Tax is shown
B2B-EU    No Tax at all
B2C-WORLD No Tax at all
B2B-WORLD No Tax at all

(ok... you could break this down to 3 groups but we need it like this)

About your problem, it is maybe what you need. Because the billing has
to be done regarding the law of the country where you are going to sell.
Here we have (at the moment) 19 or 7 percent an it sticks to a certain
article. Only some "groups" don't need to pay the tax at all.

If you want to set the tax free from the product and want to sell the
same product with e.g. 5, 16, 20 and 47.11 percent, I guess you have to
create articles more often and than restrict them to groups.
But I have no idea in which case you will need this.

Greetings...
Erik