[TYPO3-commerce] Commerce blues or Why I am switching to tt_products:

Bob Wild rowild at gmx.net
Tue Sep 8 14:59:12 CEST 2009

There will be a book? Are you going to be the author, Ralf? Will it also
be published at OpenSourcepress like tt_products?

Looking forward to this!

As for zyklonne's post: I do feel with you! Really! commerce has serious
troubles and it is questionable why bugs that already have solutions are
STILL NOT in the actual SVN (like attribute selectors). And it is very
annoying that the menu - even though from many people mentioned here -
still has severe troubles with recognizing active states etc.

Very troublesome, too, is the template setup, which for some reason
doesn't collaborate with TS as one is used from other extensions...

On the other hand: the docu - even though not mentioning everything - is
very good! Really! It points out very nicely how to install what, how to
use it (with good hands-on examples) and gives very good hints as to
what has to be paid attention to. Just take some time and read it.

Ingo just told me in a recent mail that "soon" there will be some
maintenance works done. He considers the status quo as pretty close to
final - so let's see what comes up next!

Zyklonne - take some time off from commerce, look into tt_products or
trade or webformat! (I dare to say that you will soon realize that none
of those systems work as much "out of the box" and "under one roof" as
commerce does.) But come back to this list and keep sharing your
experience with us! Even though your are desperate about the ext your
experience is quite valuable to the community!

Regards,
Robert