[TYPO3-commerce] Categories/Products/Articles - trying to understand the logic

Morten Olesen mo at idefa.dk
Mon Nov 30 15:33:30 CET 2009

Hi Christophe,

In short articles are variations of a product, they could easily be
products on their own - but often they have so much in common that it
makes sense to group them together.

For instance you could sell

Red Shirt ( Product )
	Red Shirt ( Article )
Blue Shirt ( Product )
	Blue Shirt ( Article )

or

Shirt ( Product - with attribute "color" )
	Red ( Article )
	Blue ( Article )

Note a product must have one article even of there are no variations -
this is due to the way commerce is designed ( prices belongs to articles ).

Hope this clears it up :)

/Morten Olesen