[TYPO3-commerce] Possibilities with tx_commerce

Ingo Schmitt spam at marketing-factory.de
Fri Mar 27 19:33:12 CET 2009

Hi Torsten,

> Hello,
>
> at the moment I am thinking about which Shop-Extension I should use for
> a TYPO3 project, or better said, for the migration of an old project to
> a new system. At the moment the site is based on a large content area
> with static html-pages and a rented shop (from the german hoster 1&1)
> Right now I tend towards tx_commerce but there are three things of which
> I do not know if they work with tx_commerce. Can someone here tell me if
> the following functions are possible with tx_commerce:
>
> 1. Besides the Online Shop my project will have a content-Area of about
> 4000 to 5000 content pages (the main reason for using TYPO3 instead of a
>  stand-alone Shop-System like Magento or any other). These content pages
> for example cover informations about the producers of my products, the
> regions the products come from and so on. Now I want to include some
> example products from our portfolio on each page of the content area.
> For example: I will have a page describing the wine growing region of
> Bordeaux in France. After a map of the region and the description I want
> to display about 4 products from the region. At the moment (with my
> static sites) I do this with an iframe in which I have the search-site
> of the shop doing a search for "Bordeaux" and a limitation of 4 products
> to display. Example:
> http://www.ps-wein.de/wein_info/laender_regionen/frankreich/bordeaux.htm
> Of course this is not really a good way but the only way I could do this
> with the rented shop.
> But with TYPO3 I would prefer to display the products as a
> content-element. Is this possible using tx_commerce?

You can just insert the Commerce Plugin on a page and could select a
category to be displayed. You can also select, to display just a single
product.

An if so, is there
> someone who could give me a short hint how this could be done? Just
> including products from a certain category could give me to many example
> products because there a categories which will have more than 50 products.

In this case, you could generate some sub categories and only display
those. You can even define many "home"categories for a product, so you
could define a category "bordeaux regin wines" where only 4 of all
bordeaux products are related.

> 2. For the Shop I currently use I implemented a special search function
> with which a costumer can search certain wines by a combination of their
> tastes: http://www.ps-wein.de/suche/wein-aromen-baukasten.php
> Of course the simple rented shop is not really capable of performing
> that kind of search so I worked around it a bit: If someone adds the
> things he is looking for to the glas and then presses the send-Button
> ("Absenden") the things in the glass are variables which are given as a
> search-string to the normal search-enginge of the shop. Would a similar
> solution work with TYPO3 + tx_commerce?

Each Product and Article could have different attributes, (e.g. taste,
color..), by those you can implement a search on your own in PHP

> 3. Is there a possibility to give costumers free give-aways with
> tx_commerce? For example: As soon as a costumer has product for, lets
> say 75 Euro in his shopping basket he would get a certain bottle of wine
> added to hos basket for free. An up from 150 Euro he would get another
> product instead of the one he got for 75 Euro and so on...

This is not integrated by default, but you can build ths by your own,
using the hooks, there might be some extensions already implemented.

Regards

Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung