[TYPO3-commerce] Possibilities with tx_commerce

Torsten Schneider schneider at highest-mountains.de
Fri Mar 27 12:27:05 CET 2009

Hello,

at the moment I am thinking about which Shop-Extension I should use for
a TYPO3 project, or better said, for the migration of an old project to
a new system. At the moment the site is based on a large content area
with static html-pages and a rented shop (from the german hoster 1&1)
Right now I tend towards tx_commerce but there are three things of which
I do not know if they work with tx_commerce. Can someone here tell me if
the following functions are possible with tx_commerce:

1. Besides the Online Shop my project will have a content-Area of about
4000 to 5000 content pages (the main reason for using TYPO3 instead of a
  stand-alone Shop-System like Magento or any other). These content
pages for example cover informations about the producers of my products,
the regions the products come from and so on. Now I want to include some
example products from our portfolio on each page of the content area.
For example: I will have a page describing the wine growing region of
Bordeaux in France. After a map of the region and the description I want
to display about 4 products from the region. At the moment (with my
static sites) I do this with an iframe in which I have the search-site
of the shop doing a search for "Bordeaux" and a limitation of 4 products
to display. Example:
http://www.ps-wein.de/wein_info/laender_regionen/frankreich/bordeaux.htm
Of course this is not really a good way but the only way I could do this
with the rented shop.
But with TYPO3 I would prefer to display the products as a
content-element. Is this possible using tx_commerce? An if so, is there
someone who could give me a short hint how this could be done? Just
including products from a certain category could give me to many example
products because there a categories which will have more than 50 products.

2. For the Shop I currently use I implemented a special search function
with which a costumer can search certain wines by a combination of their
tastes: http://www.ps-wein.de/suche/wein-aromen-baukasten.php
Of course the simple rented shop is not really capable of performing
that kind of search so I worked around it a bit: If someone adds the
things he is looking for to the glas and then presses the send-Button
("Absenden") the things in the glass are variables which are given as a
search-string to the normal search-enginge of the shop. Would a similar
solution work with TYPO3 + tx_commerce?

3. Is there a possibility to give costumers free give-aways with
tx_commerce? For example: As soon as a costumer has product for, lets
say 75 Euro in his shopping basket he would get a certain bottle of wine
added to hos basket for free. An up from 150 Euro he would get another
product instead of the one he got for 75 Euro and so on...

Thanks in advance for any information about the possibility to use the
functions described above with TYPO3 + tx_commerce.

If these things should not be possible in the combination TYPO3 +
tx_commerce, is there any other system you know of which could do all this?

Thanks a lot,

Torsten