[TYPO3-commerce] Changing credit card information in checkout

Ingo Schmitt spam at marketing-factory.de
Thu Sep 11 11:32:31 CEST 2008

Hi Claudius,

this depends on your CreditCard implementation. In over 90% of all
implementations you have an external payment provider in a iframe or
popup. In this case the user is redirected to an other page, enters the
data, the data is verified externally and the user gets redirected to
the finish page. This has to be implemented correctly by you, when you
add credit card to your shop.

In the other cases, you use an external API to process the data, here
you can implement by your own the functionality of changing the credit
card after entering the data and seeing the overview page, but you are
not allowed to store the credit card data in the shop. This implements,
that you can't show the complete data to the user for entering, instead
he has to enter the data completly again. The whole process with ID's
and all steps is quite a bit complicated and is different to each
payment provider.

But at all, the functionality has to be implemented by the implementer
of the payment in your shop. And here my question, whcih provider are
you using?

Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung