[TYPO3-commerce] Template layout - help needed!!!

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Fri Oct 31 08:25:42 CET 2008

Hi,
> thank you for you quick answer, but I still have a problem when using only default template from extension directory. There is an error: The page is not configured! [type= 0][]
>
> I have included commerce template from extension in root page template, add TS constants add tmpl files in fileadmin...
>
> What should I put in TS setup beside this code?:
>
> # product listing
>  plugin.tx_commerce_pi1 {
>  	maxRecords = 6
>  	templateFile = {$templatePathCommerce}product.tmpl
>  }

erm, you know that you first need a working website with a regular
output in order to show ANYTHING on your website? Commerce is only a
plugin, that will be rendered on top of your page template. So you
always need a PAGE object in the root of your website that's including
your basic website layout. It doesn't care if it's traditional
templating (with or without autoparser) or templavoila.

To customize extensions like commerce you only need to customize the
template files of the extensions and don't need to care about the
templating engine behind - the extensions take care of that.

If you're looking for a easy to setup, out of the box working shopsystem
and only need a shop, then you might better use something else then
TYPO3 - maybe Magento or something.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch