[TYPO3-commerce] rare checkout requirement: minimum weight in basket

Ralf Merz ralf.merz at heindl.de
Sat Nov 29 09:16:02 CET 2008

Hello Heiko,

yes, it is possible to do this with commerce.
First of all, have a look in the commerce wiki on wiki.typo3.org:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Commerce
There, at 7.4 "tutorials" you find a link to
"Creating an extension that switches the delivery methods based on
basket sum" http://wiki.typo3.org/Commerce/Tutorial/VariableDeliveryCost/

I think this can help you.
The idea behind this is as follows:

I assume that you have entered the weight as attribute.
You have to create your different delivery articles: shipping1 = 7 Euro,
shipping2 = 0 Euro.

In pi2 you have to use the hooks "after adding an article to the basket"
(or sth. like that). So before the basket will be rendered you can or
have to change the delivery article.
For every article you can fetch the attribute 'weight'. So you can
calculate the weight sum an then decide how to change the delivery articles.

Maybe someone else has another idea to do this. My way would be like this.

Regards
Ralf Merz