[TYPO3-commerce] rare checkout requirement: minimum weight in basket

Fri Nov 28 14:57:31 CET 2008

Hello,

we have the following checkout requirements:
- a customer needs to have an overall minimum product weight of 3kg in
the basket to be able to checkout, otherwise a message needs to be shown
- if there is less than 10kg of weight in the basket, shipping costs of
7€ should be applied on checkout
- if there is 10kg or more in the basket, NO shipping costs should be
applied on checkout

As I couldn't find an appropriate hint in the manual to solve this I'd
like to ask here: Is it possible to do this with 'commerce'?
And - if yes - how to declare the TypoScript needed? Thanks in advance!

Regards
Heiko Hänsge