[TYPO3-commerce] Opening up the commerce project?

Morten Olesen mo at idefa.dk
Wed Jul 2 10:41:19 CEST 2008

Hey list,

For an open source project commerce is rather closed, I mean sure we can
see the source code and change it - the problem comes when we want to
have the bugfixes applied to svn. There is no information about how to
submit patches, and requests for any such information or developer
access is met with silence.

A few things I think could help;

* move to forge.typo3.org, every thing in one place and easier to administer
* publish a set of guide lines; "how to get your bug fix into commerce
core", "how to get svn write access", etc..

Basically a lot of people/companies simply give up on commerce due to it
being perceived as closed/stuffy/abandoned, and I really think this is a
shame.

/Morten