[TYPO3-commerce] categories as menu - can I add a "normal" page menu item

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Feb 5 11:07:02 CET 2008

Hi again,

>> I have used the ts from the wiki to make the commerce categories into
>> a menu. Is it possible to add a menu item which is a shortcut to
>> another page?
>>
>> Something like this:
>>
>> - category 1
>> - category 2
>> - page (shortcut)
>
> I remember that somebody else already got that question, and that there
> should be the answer somewhere in this list.
>
> But in short a solution how I would try it:
> If I get you right, the page item is on the same level as the
> categories. Then I would use a COA to build up the menu like this:
>
> ----------
> lib.menu = COA
> lib.menu {
>     10 = HMENU
>     10 {
>         # configuration of you commerce category menu
>         # but without any wrapping <ul> if you use those
>     }
>     20 = HMENU
>     20 {
>         # another menu item that is fetching the pages
>         # also without wrapping <ul> if you use those
>     }
>     wrap = <ul id="navi">|</ul>
> }
> -----------
sorry, had a little typo there which I fixed in this quote. The COA
doesn't contain TMENUs in first level but HMENUs which themself contain
TMENUs.

Another solution if it's only one link appended would be, to use the
stdWrap properties of your category menu and append a cObject that is
rendering your link:

-----------
lib.menu = HMENU
lib.menu {
	1 = TMENU
	1 #your category menu
	stdWrap {
		append = TEXT
		append {
			value = label of your link
			typolink.parameter = id of your page
		}
		outerWrap = <ul id="navi">|</ul>
	}
}
something like that. It's untested - maybe you have to tweak some lines,
but you get a picture.

--
regards,
Franz