[TYPO3-commerce] Translate Quicktutorial in english

Michiel Roos [netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Sat Sep 29 13:05:21 CEST 2007

Ian Solo wrote:
> Hi!
> I would like to translate in English this quicktutorial:
> http://www.sk-typo3.de/Shop-aufsetzen-mit-commerce-Quickt.286.0.html

Hi Ian,

> But there's another tutotial here:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Commerce
> that is different from the former one.
>
> Which one is the most updated tutorial?

The one on the wiki is a translated version of (a part of the) the
quicktut. The wiki page has some FAQ items etc. Also a list of plugins
for commerce etc. So the wiki is more recent, but (unfortunately) by no
means a complete manual.

I'll see if I can muster the strength next week to add some more shots
and text about creating products and attributes.

All help is welcome of course!

> Btw, I don't speak German, I'm using some tools like Bablefish and
> Babylon to translate, so many things got to be fixed. I'm italian,
> english is not my mother language, but I'll do my best and, please, I
> need some help. :)
>
> I just started, so at the moment I'm translating this:
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Die Seiten und Sysordner wie in der Opens internal link in current
> windowQuickinstall beschrieben anlegen, z. B. eine Seite "Shop"
> (Shortcut zur neuen Unterseite Produktliste) und untergeordnete Seiten
> (nicht im Menue sichtbar) und Sysordner anlegen:
> ---------------------------------------
>
> in:
> ---------------------------------------
> Create the pages and SysFolders as described in the Quickinstall.
> e.g. a page "Shop" (Type set to <Shortcut> to the subpage "Product
> list") and subpages (Type set to <Not in menu>) and SysFolders put on:
> ---------------------------------------
>
> So, here is my question...
> ---------------------------------------
> und untergeordnete Seiten (nicht im Menue sichtbar) und Sysordner anlegen:
> ---------------------------------------
> looks like to me that I got to set all the subpages as <Not in menu> and
> also as <SysFolder> that's not possible :)
>
> Maybe it means to set the correspondingly pages as <Not in menu> and as
> <SysFolder>. But... which correspondingly pages?
>
> Please, can someone explain me this german sentence so I can translate
> it correctly?

Work towards a working shop. If your english translation does not create
a working situation . . . change the english wording untill you get a
working setup.

:-)

> Many thanks!ian

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/