[TYPO3-commerce] additional fields for tt_address cause problems - change needed

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Sep 18 15:35:09 CEST 2007

Hi list,

commerce is adding additional fields to tt_address which is not bad in
general, but commerce adds the field 'company' which is already present
in the db and the TCA. So the field get's rendered twice which causes
problems in the BE. The field company always shows 'undefined' or is
displayed empty when editing the record - even if it was filled correctly.

Secondly, commerce is adding the field 'surname' which is quite obsolete
for one of the current tt_address installations (the ones no longer
shipped with the core) which already have fields for that, namely:
- first_name
- middle_name
- last_name (which is the surname)

So I vote for a change in commerce to:
a) don't add the company field when it's already present
b) use 'naming conventions' of current tt_address and
sr_feuser_register, so that the fields have the same name. So please
change 'surname' to 'last_name' (don't forget to change the TS for the
form fields in pi3 and pi4).

In my installation I changed this (ext_tables.php, TS and the
templates), and everything works fine.

Anybody else who would appreciate this? Then please drop a note. If it's
of common interest I'll create a bugentry.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch